Pull out some patriotic table décor as you celebrate your next patriotic holiday or special occasion.
Americans love to celebrate, and our many holidays are evidence of this. We line the streets of small towns to watch or participate in Veterans Day and Memorial Day parades and fill parks to watch 4th of July fireworks shows. We spread picnic tables with bowls of barbeque, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, chips, and lots of desserts, and we love getting together with friends and loved ones. Why do we celebrate? There are so many occasions that hold special places in people's hearts. Veterans Day and Memorial Day honor those who have fought and sacrificed for their country. The 4th of July celebrates America's independence.
For others, a patriotic celebration is also a welcome home party for those returning from serving in various branches of the armed forces overseas or in other parts of the country. The celebration focuses on the joy families feel as they reunite with someone they love and cherish. Their cause for joy is the relief that their family member and/or friend has been returned safely to their arms, and their prayers have been answered. With so many reasons to celebrate, families really don't need an excuse to search for the perfect foods, beverages, and of course decorations. There are numerous patriotic table décor to choose from, and the selections can fit into a small or large budget. Whether you purchase everything already made, or you create your own, the patriotic table décor you choose will enhance an already wonderful celebration.
Patriotic Table Decor
Begin in one area, and work from that. For example choose a beautiful patriotic centerpiece, and focus the rest of the table décor around that centerpiece.
Centerpieces can be as simple as a pot full of red, white, and blue flowers. Visit your local florist to special order a patriotic centerpiece, or create your own out of flowers from your garden. Having trouble finding blue flowers? Use red carnations and white baby's breath, and place these in a blue flower pot, pitcher, or vase. You can hand-paint the pot in patriotic colors, using stripes, stars, etc. if you prefer. Another creative centerpiece idea involves filling a large Uncle Sam type hat with flowers, and interspersing, red, white, and blue ribbons in and around the stems. You could also cut the stems off the flowers, and let the flower heads float in large bowls displayed along each table.
Purchase linen tablecloths with a red, white, and blue motif, or go for a simpler, less expensive alternative.
- Place white tablecloths on all the tables, then sprinkle red, white, and blue confetti down the table center like a runner. Add a few candles in the same colors in small bowls, or place small flags in miniature vases.
- Laminate large paper copies of the American flag, and use these as placemats.
- For a fun alternative, give kids red, white, and blue crayons, and spread white paper tablecloths on the table. Ask the kids to draw pictures that show what America means to them. This is a great way to occupy the kids and involve them in the decorating at the same time!
Accessories are easy to do with a patriotic theme.
- Table décor could include red, white, and blue plates, napkins, and utensils.
- You could tie large bows in each of these colors on the backs of the chairs.
- Create small place cards with each guest's name on one side and the American flag on the other, or simply write each guest's name on the back of a small paper flag and place it in their glass before the beverages are poured.
- Tie red, white, and blue balloons to the back of each chair.
- String cut out stars above each table, or search for string lights in star designs to decorate with.
- You can use food as decorations, too! Bowls full of luscious red watermelon and strawberries, along with ripe blueberries, are perfect accompaniments for any celebration. Order a patriotic cake from your local bakery as well.
Finally, as you can see, creating the perfect patriotic environment for your next celebration is easy. Get creative, and, above all, have fun!