A dolphin wallpaper border can be found in many styles and can make a room come alive with mystique and excitement.
Dolphin Wallpaper Border For Rooms
If your child is fascinated with the ocean and sea life, consider using a dolphin border for his or her bathroom. A dolphin border will transform a bathroom into a fun place, especially during bath time. Dolphin borders aren't limited to bathrooms. You could carry out a nautical theme with a dolphin border in your child's bedroom or playroom.
If you are decorating a beach house, a dolphin border might be what you need for a hall bathroom or game room to bring the beach theme inside your vacation home.
If you've never used a border, before you may be a little intimidated by the wide range of selections. To help you decide on which border best suits your overall room design and purpose, assess the room in which you plan to use the border.
- Is the room big enough to accommodate a border? If it is a small bathroom, then make sure the pattern you select is not overpowering and too big for the space.
- Decide where you'll be using the border. For example, you may decide to use the border along the top of the wall. You'll place it underneath the crown molding or if you don't have crown molding then the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling.
- The other choice of placement is to use it like a chairrail, which is one of the most popular choices for bathrooms and children's playrooms.
Using a border as a chairrail:
- You'll want to first size your wall by measuring from the ceiling to the area you plan to hang the border. Be sure to measure all the way to the bottom of the border so you are accounting for its width.
- Mark the place on the wall with a pencil.
- Next, you need a straight line and can use a leveler with a bubble for this.
- Draw a line where the bottom of your border will be. You'll want to do this for the full length of the wall and on all walls.
Borders and Wallpapers
You may opt to wallpaper the bathroom or game room and finish off with a dolphin border either at the top of the wall or in a chairrail fashion. Borders are versatile and can be used on a painted wall or a wallpapered wall.
Finding Dolphin Borders
There are many choices when it comes to dolphin border wallpapers. You can choose from realistic depictions to very stylized patterns.
Ebay Dolphin Borders
One place to find a large selection is on ebay.
Other Sources For Dolphin Borders
There are many wallpaper online stores as well as brick and mortar stores where you can shop for dolphin borders.
- Brewster Wall Coverings offers a realistic border of dolphins in the sea
- Wallpaper-Inc. features a variety of whimsical designs.
- Just Borders features colorful, realistic sea scenes with dolphins.
Capitalizing On The Dolphin Motif
You can find other items to repeat the dolphin theme throughout your room.
- Shower Curtains
Selecting Your Dolphin Border
With so many choices, you may decide to carry the dolphin theme into other rooms. A dolphin wallpaper border will transform any room into an underworld fantasy.